December 28, 2017
It’s very noble of you to place so much emphasis on the function of your teeth, as you focus on your oral health. There is absolutely no denying that the health of your mouth is vital to your existence, but did you know that there are other forces impacting your overall wellness? Studies show that self-esteem has a significant effect on your physical health. Therefore, your cosmetic dentist in Oklahoma says you should be just as concerned with how you look, because if you look good, you’ll feel good.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is geared toward enhancing your physical health through the stimulation of your mind. It focuses on improving your physical appearance as a means of encouraging your mind to produce more endorphins, the same happy hormones that are produced when you eat foods you love, or your favorite sports team wins the big game. And the presence of these happy hormones plays a part in enhancing your total health.
What are Different Forms of Cosmetic Dentistry?
There are many different methods that fall under the realm of cosmetic dentistry. Some of them are as follows:
- Teeth Whitening and Zoom – Do you have stained teeth? This method can lighten them by as much as 8 shades.
- Lumineers – These are very thin coverings that can be placed directly on healthy teeth that may have some aesthetic flaws.
- Invisalign Clear Braces – Straighten your teeth while maintaining your dignity with Invisalign clear trays. Also, you can get the look you desire in much less time than with traditional braces.
- White Fillings and Crowns – This method blends cosmetic and restorative solutions to repair and enhance the part of your teeth visible when you smile.
- Laser Gum Recontouring – If you suffer from an overly gummy smile or uneven gum line, this process works by removing excess gum tissue.
It’s important to not forget that the best way to ensure that your smile remains beautiful is to practice excellent dental care, which involves brushing and flossing at least twice a day. In addition, make sure to schedule a visit with your dentist in Oklahoma City twice a year for cleanings and examinations. This will ensure that any attempts to hinder your perfect smile will be stopped in its tracks.
About the Author
After graduating with honors from Oklahoma State University, Dr. Joe Isaacson went on to complete his dental degree at the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry. He’s rated #1 Dentist by Doctoroogle.com, and a member of the “Top 20 Dentist” list in Oklahoma City by Slice Magazine. With 7000 patients cared for, Dr. Isaacson continues to deliver award-winning treatment. He practices at Joe Isaacson Dental, and can be reached for more information through his website.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.