Invisalign Clear Braces in Oklahoma City
Crooked, misaligned, or awkwardly spaced teeth can detract from your self-confidence and negatively impact your oral health. Straighter teeth are easier to care for, and they contribute to a positive self-image. If you’d like straighter teeth without the hassle of metal braces, Invisalign may be the solution for you.
With Invisalign clear braces, Dr. Isaacson can correct many adult orthodontic issues, from overcrowding to bite problems. Whether you’ve worn braces in the past or this is your first time, Invisalign proves a wonderful solution for almost any patient.
How Does Invisalign Work?
The process begins with a consultation. We’ll examine your teeth and take some X-rays, photos, and impressions. Dr. Isaacson will use all of that data to define your orthodontic problems; he’ll also talk with you about what exactly you want your new smile to look like. Then, the treatment planning process begins. Your cosmetic dentist in Oklahoma City designs your new smile and sends some notes, along with the imaging data, to Invisalign.
Invisalign then creates a series of custom, clear thermoplastic aligners that fit over your teeth. You’ll wear each aligner for roughly 20 – 22 hours each day for two weeks. Every time you graduate to a new aligner, your teeth move a little closer to their proper positions.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign in Oklahoma City?
- Clear – The aligners barely noticeable when placed against the teeth. That doesn’t mean no one will know that you’re getting your teeth worked on, but at least you will be able to maintain a professional appearance. Plus, you won’t be in danger of anyone calling you a “metal mouth.”
Removable – The removable nature of Invisalign offers a few big benefits:
- It’s easy to remove your aligner when you’re eating a meal. Therefore, there is no need to worry about sticking to any dietary restrictions.
- If you want to remove the aligner when you attend a special event, go for it. Just be sure that you wear Invisalign for at least 20 hours every day.
- You’ll be able to brush and floss your teeth according to your normal routine. This is a huge advantage over regular braces since it can take a long time to navigate around all those brackets and wires.
- Convenient – Your treatment is planned from the beginning, so you’ll have all the aligners you need to complete your smile’s transformation. Of course, we’ll still ask you to come in for periodic checkups (every four to six weeks or so) with Dr. Isaacson so he can check on your progress.
- Accessible for Many Patients — Most teenagers and adults with mild to moderate tooth misalignment are good candidates for Invisalign. It’s best for people who are determined to get a straighter, healthier smile; it takes a bit of self-discipline to wear and care for the aligners as you should.
- Fast — Treatment time varies from case to case, but on average, Invisalign only takes about a year to finish its job (you might start to see results within the first couple of months). Regular braces often take 18 months or longer.
- Compliance Monitoring — Invisalign for teens comes with a blue compliance dot on the aligners, making it easy for Mom and Dad to tell if their adolescent has been wearing their clear braces as much as they should.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Many people assume that because Invisalign is such an innovative product, it costs a ton of money. That’s simply not true! In fact, the price is comparable to that of traditional orthodontics. In some cases, the total cost of clear braces may even be less than that of their regular old counterparts because the overall treatment time is reduced with Invisalign.
Many insurance companies are willing to help cover the cost of Invisalign, but you’ll have to check the fine print of your policy just to be sure. If insurance won’t step in to assist you, it might be possible for you to arrange a convenient payment plan.
Would you like to learn more about Invisalign? Please contact us to schedule a consultation that will get you on the road to a straighter, healthier, more attractive smile.